web analytics
July 30, 2015 / 14 Av, 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘hura’

Shin Bet Foils ISIS Terror Cell in Negev Bedouin Town

Monday, July 6th, 2015

Six suspected new Da’esh (ISIS) recruits have been arrested in the Negev Bedouin town of Hura, the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) announced Monday.

Hura is one of the seven original Bedouin towns created for the permanent settlement of the Negev Bedouin by the Israeli government, along with Rahat, a large city considered to be the “Bedouin capital of the Negev.” Hura is located on Highway 31 just outside of Be’er Sheva, about 25 minutes west of Arad.

The suspected terrorists were identified as: Bashir Jabran Salim abu Alkyan, 26 (Hura elementary school teacher); Akram Al’ab Ahmed abu Alkyan, 30, (elementary school teacher, Rahat); Muhammad Al’ab Ahmed abu Alkyan, 27, (high school teacher, Hura); Khader Hassan abu Alkyan, 27, from Hura; Sharif Shahada Rezek abu Alkyan, from Atir; and Hamza Abed Ali Alkyan, (teacher from Hura.)

The suspects were accused of actively spreading Da’esh ideology. They were also allegedly attending secret meetings of the terror group’s movement, the Shin Bet said in its statement.

Four of the six suspects are teachers and used their positions as educators to spread the ISIS philosophy and propaganda among students and teachers. All six shared the Da’esh doctrine with their family members and associates, according to the Shin Bet statement.

The suspects were indicted on charges of distributing materials for an illegal organization; support for a terrorist organization; conspiracy to commit a crime and illegally exiting the country. Those who were teachers were brought to a hearing at the Education Ministry and their teaching licenses were revoked as well.

Several of the suspects allegedly were planning to travel to Syria to join the ranks of the terror group in its fight against government troops there. A number of other members of the terrorist cell had already left Israel and gone to Syria to fight for Da’esh.

In addition to the arrests carried out over the past two months, a school principal was investigated on suspicion of knowing about the teachers’ involvement with the terror group – and failing to report it to authorities. Other school personnel were investigated as well.

The Education Ministry also issued a statement stating its plans to begin working in the schools to restore stability and confidence among the other teachers and the students in the aftermath of the arrests.

Rock Attacks Spread to Negev, Attackers from Bedouin Towns

Monday, July 7th, 2014

Israeli Bedouin in the northeastern Negev have apparently joined with Arabs around Israel in rock attacks against Israeli motorists.

For the first time since the last intifada, eyewitnesses report numerous road terror attacks Sunday night against Israeli motorists traveling along Route 31.

Police subsequently were forced to close the road from the Shoqet Junction to the city of Arad in order to protect motorists.

Three Metropoline buses and several private vehicles were battered with large rocks hurled by Bedouin residents of the towns of Kuseifa and Hura, located along Route 31 between the Shoqet Junction and Arad.

The mayor of the community of Omer, located next to the Shoqet Junction and close to Be’er Sheva, told an interviewer on Army Radio Monday that community leaders decided temporarily to bar Bedouins from entering the community due to the security situation.

Pro Bedouin Land Grab Hooligans Send 10 Police to Hospital

Sunday, December 1st, 2013

On Saturday, Israel’s Bedouin community declared a “Day of Rage” to protest the government’s intent to hand over to them only part of the Negev, based on the Government’s Prawer-Begin plan, which takes back some land from squatters.

The main rallies took place in Haifa, where hundreds of hooligans blocked traffic, burned tires and threw rocks at police. They injured at least ten police, including the chief of the Coast District and the spokesperson for the Negev District. Police responded with shock grenades and with quite brutal crowd control measures.

There was another Arab demonstration outside the Shchem gate in East Jerusalem. Dozens of Arabs threw rocks on police there as well.

The signs being carried in those rallies threatened that should the Bedouins not receive better than half the Negev, they’d start a third Intifada.

It’s what they do.

The Prawer Commission, chaired by Ehud Prawer, Benjamin Netanyahu’s director of planning, found, back in 2011, that an estimated 50% of unrecognized Bedouin villages were built within Jewish planning areas. It recommended that the inhabitants of these villages, some 30,000 Bedouin invaders, entering Israel illegally from the vast Arabian deserts over the past six decades—about 40% of the total unrecognized Bedouin population—should be relocated to the seven existing government built Bedouin townships.

The commission proposed compensation payments to the evacuees, between $1.7 billion and $2.4 billion, including $365 million for expanding the approved townships. The compensation would be reduced to zero over a period of five years and if agreement had not been reached the land would be considered forfeited.

Then, in January, 2013, Israel’s government approved the recommendations of then Minister without portfolio Benny Begin, backed by AG Yehuda Weinstein, to change the program.

Benny Begin’s “stinking maneuver” not only confirmed through legal registration what has been essentially an illegal land grab of many thousands of acres by the Bedouins over several decades, but also promised them many new settlements to boot.

Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud-Beitenu was so committed to this move, that they forced Jewish Home, their National Religious partner, to approve in the coalition agreement item 51 which reads: Both sides will promote the “Law regulating Bedouin settlement, 5772-2012,” should a Jewish Home minister be a member of a ministerial committee to implement said law.

Please don’t forget, it’s a crucial detail: Both Netanyahu and Avigdor Lieberman supported the Benny Begin plan that gave more than half the Negev to Bedouin invaders.

But Jewish Home and Yesh Atid, together with most of the rank and file coalition members, managed to introduce significant changes to the Begin plan, after it had already been approved by the transitional government after the election. The change, essentially, eliminated the Begin plan in favor of the original 2011 plan, which was approved a much less generous land giveaway to the Negev Bedouin.

MK Ahmed Tibi said the Prawer plan is tragic, since it removes civilians from their land.

By civilians Tibi means Arab civilians, because he had no problem at all approving the forcible removal of thousands of Jewish civilians from Gaza and from Samaria.

Tibi also made sure the press understood he was not behind the violent clashes with police, since, as he put it, “we object to violence, but we are in favor of rage.”

It’s that kind of subtlety that we need more of in mass public demonstrations.

The Jewish Left is united in calling on the government to reward the violent demonstrators by freezing the Prawer plan.

And Avigdor Lieberman, who initially approved the Begin land grab, now compared the confrontation with the Bedouins the historic Jewish reclamation of land in Zion over the past century and a half.

Better late than never.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/pro-bedouin-invaders-land-grab-hooligans-send-10-police-to-hospital/2013/12/01/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: