web analytics
August 30, 2014 / 4 Elul, 5774
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Gush Etzion’

Second Israeli-Arab Youth Threatened

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014

A second Israeli-Arab boy, this time from the city of Umm El-Fahm, has had his life threatened for posting his photo on Facebook  holding an Israeli flag along with the hashtag #BringBackOurBoys.

He’s received messages to leave Umm El-Fahm, calling him a traitor, and threatening to kill him.

The boy is now afraid to leave his house or go to school.

Police are investigating.

Progress in Tracking Terror Kidnappers, Slow But Sure

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014

Progress is being made in hunting down the terrorists responsible for kidnapping three Israeli teens in Gush Etzion last Thursday night.

Israeli authorities now know which Hamas wing was involved in the operation to abduct the boys, who were hitchhiking home for the Sabbath from the renowned Mekor Chaim Yeshiva in Kfar Etzion, where they learn during the week.

Communications Minister Gilad Erdan told an interviewer on Israeli public radio Wednesday morning that the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) is aware of which Hamas cell is responsible for kidnapping the teens.

An Egyptian official also has told international media on condition of anonymity that Cairo officials are also helping Israel to gather information about the whereabouts of the abducted yeshiva students.

“There is a flow of information but we are still short, so there is no negotiation,” the official told Reuters. He added that Egyptian officials are in contact with Hamas and other Palestinian Authority unity government factions.

UN Leader Backpedals: ‘No Concrete Evidence’ of Abduction

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon appears to be retracting his condemnation on Saturday of last week’s kidnapping of three Israeli teens by Arab terrorists.

In his statement at the time, Ban had spoken of his “deep concern over the trend towards violence on the ground and its attendant loss of life, including today of a child in Gaza as a result of a recent Israeli air strike.” The reference to an IAF bombing that following four missiles fired from Gaza at Israeli civilian population centers, ended with Ban’s plea that Israel and Gaza terrorists both “exercise restraint and lend urgent support for the release and safe return of the three youths.”

Thus it makes no sense that Ban’s spokesperson would follow such a statement on Tuesday night by telling journalists the U.N. has “no concrete evidence” that 19 year old Eyal Yifrach, and 16 year old Naftali Frenkel and Gilad Sha’ar were “actually” kidnapped by terrorists last Thursday as they hitchhiked home for the Sabbath from Gush Etzion.

Israeli public radio quoted Farhan Haq, the spokesperson, as saying the United Nations also does not have an independent investigative unit that could even confirm the incident.

Perhaps, however, Haq’s statement had something to do with a letter sent to the United Nations by Yisrael Beytenu MK Orly Levi-Abekasis.

“Last Thursday evening, June 12, 2014, three Israeli youths were abducted, two of them only 16 years old,” the MK wrote. “The kidnapping highlights, among other things, the breaking of all humanitarian boundaries and is a blatant violation of the rights of Israeli children to live their lives safely and without fearing for their lives.”

Since the Palestinian Authority unity government is now a member of the U.N. International Convention of the Rights of the Child (CRC), which states “member states shall take all appropriate measures at the national level … in order to prevent the abduction, sale or trafficking of children for any purpose or in any form,” – and since the PUG has been celebrating the kidnapping on its television programs and its population has been passing out sweets in the street to encourage children to perpetrate similar acts in the future – this places the U.N. in an awkward position.

“The CRC provides that ‘member states must undertake to respect and to ensure respect for rules of international humanitarian law relating to the child, applying them in situations of armed conflict,” the MK pointed out in the letter.

Since Ban had already acknowledged his awareness of the teens’ abduction last Saturday, his spokesperson appears to now be doing his best to help his boss climb down from the tree. They may even be trying to pretend the incident may never have happened – because if it did, what action will have to be taken against the United Nation’s newest non-sovereign member?

IDF Operates Over Night to Decimate Hamas Terror Infrastructure

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014

The IDF and Israeli security forces have continued their operation over night to locate the three abducted boys, Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel, while decimating the Hama terror infrastructure in Judea and Samaria.

The IDF carried out night raids throughout all of Judea and Samaria, this time meeting little resistance.

An IDF spokesman announced that as part of an extensive series of intelligence and operational activities, security forces arrested 65 wanted persons; 51 of them were released as part of the Shalit deal in 2011. They further shut down a terrorist affiliated radio station. Ten brigades are participating in these operations. Since the beginning of the operation some 240 terrorists were arrested and about 800 homes were searched. Hundreds of weapons have been uncovered during these searches.

The Gazan front appears to be heating up. Hamas officials from Gaza have threatened to retaliate against the IDF’s operations against their infrastructure. In the past 14 days, 11 rockets were fired from Gaza at Israel. There are reports of the IDF deploying more Iron Dome anti-rocket systems throughout the south.

The spokesman stated that extensive army operations will continue and deepen as required. “The IDF will relentlessly continue its operational activities and intelligence work. The IDF will bring significant damage to terrorist organizations and act decisively against anyone who activates terror against the State of Israel,” said the spokesman.

Brigadier General Nitzan Alon, GOC Central Command, stated that Hamas would emerge from this operation strategically weakened. However, he stressed that the operation was not short term. “We are in the midst of a complex operation to capture terrorists and to return the boys home safely. We are fighting a complex and ongoing campaign that will not end soon. Hamas has been compromised in all its dimensions. Hamas leaders have already admitted their injury. Hamas will emerge from this ongoing battle weakened operationally and strategically. We will continue this assault to the extent necessary, and do everything to bring the boys back home safely,” stated Alon.

‘Yeah Mom, I’m On My Way Home’ #EyalGiladNaftali

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014

Three Fingered Salute – New Low, Even for ‘Palestinian’ Society

Tuesday, June 17th, 2014

The latest Arab social media campaign is the three-fingered salute, celebrating the kidnapping of three Jewish boys, Eyal Yifrah, Gilad Shayar and Naftali Frenkel, by Hamas.

They’re calling it the the “three Shalits” in reference to Gilad Shalit who was captured and kept hostage by Hamas until Israel released 1000 terrorists in exchange.

Now, look what all these proud Palestinian Authority parents have done. They’ve baked cakes. They photographed their little children showing solidarity with Hamas for kidnapping the boys.

They then proudly post the photographs of their children celebrating the kidnapping of Jewish children onto all the social media sites.

What a sick society they have created and are perpetrating onto the next generation.

 

Update: The blog Israellycool has amassed a very large collection of these photos.

Here are photos of initial Arab celebrations of the kidnapping of the three Jewish boys.

 

Gov’t to Start Weekend Buses to Yeshiva, Girls’ Schools in Judea, Samaria

Tuesday, June 17th, 2014

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has ordered financing for public shuttles to and from yeshiva and girls’ high schools in Judea and Samaria on the weekends, it was announced Tuesday.

The prime minister told his staff to allocate NIS 4 million (approx. $1.15 million) for the shuttles, which will apparently will operate on Thursday nights, Fridays, Saturday nights and Sundays.

The decision was made in order to discourage hitchhiking, which has become a way of life in Judea and Samaria in order to deal with the infrequent and inadequate public bus service in the region. Although there are numerous political and financial reasons for the sketchy bus service, the bottom line results in Jewish residents of all ages hitchhiking on unsafe roads at all hours of the day and night.

Last Thursday evening, the price for that fact cost three families their teenage sons: a terrorist organization kidnapped two 16 year olds and a 19 year old, all of whom were students at the renowned Mekor Chaim Yeshiva in Kfar Etzion. The boys were in Gush Etzion, hitchhiking home for the Sabbath when they were abducted.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/govt-to-start-weekend-buses-to-yeshiva-girls-schools-in-judea-samaria/2014/06/17/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: