web analytics
August 27, 2016 / 23 Av, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘Internal Security Minister’

Court Siding with Terrorist’s Families who Refuse Police Conditions for Releasing the Bodies

Wednesday, August 10th, 2016

Last week the Israeli Supreme Court issued a decree to show cause against the state prosecution, to explain why it would not release for burial the bodies of terrorists who committed violent crimes in Israel. Recently the Netanyahu government has adopted a policy whereby those bodies are not released automatically and are being kept at the Institute of Forensic Medicine in Abu Kabir.

This renewed demand by the high court came following an earlier ruling where the court had ordered the bodies of terrorists be released in exchange for families’ commitment to conduct quiet funerals, without anti-Israeli incitement. The judges approved of the requirement seeing as the hearing was held during the holy month of Ramadan, when Arabs have customarily expressed their religious feelings through rioting in the streets and throwing stones and firebombs at innocent civilians.

But the reality of those cases has been a complete reneging of every commitment made by the families in almost every instance. A funeral that was conducted for terrorist Ala Abu Jamal from Jabel Mukaber, who carried out a bloodthirsty attack on Malkhey Israel Street in downtown Jerusalem, quickly deteriorated into a massive riot. As Internal Security Minister Gilad Erdan later put it, “The terrorist families simply lied to the high court. It’s a shame that the court chose to believe them and pressured police to hand over the bodies before Ramadan.”

Interestingly enough, the terrorists’ families are using exactly that argument in their newest appeal to the high court, saying that since Ramadan is long over, there’s no more justification to release the bodies. Essentially, the Arab petitioners are saying that Arab funerals have always been huge and riotous, rife with incitements against israel, so why stop now?

According to NRG, Jerusalem Police this week approached the family of Baha Alyan, who carried out a murderous attack on a bus at the Armon Hanatziv neighborhood, to negotiate the body’s release. Police offered to hand over the body in exchange for a late night funeral, with only 15 people present. The family eventually refused those terms and police pulled back their offer.

David Israel

AG Recommends Evacuating Amona, Residents Hoping for Political Rescue

Monday, August 8th, 2016

Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit said on Sunday that there is no legal obstacle barring a review of the status of lands adjacent to the community of Amona in Benjamin regional council, to start a discussion of potentially moving there the residents of the community which has been slated for demolition by the end of the year by the supreme court. Mandelblit spoke at a discussion with government officials of regulating the status of Amona.

The Israeli Supreme Court ruled in 2006 that the Amona community is illegal under Israeli law, based on petitions of presumed original Arab owners of the land who had been rounded up by anti-Zionist groups like Peace Now and Yesh Din. Since then, the court has ruled again on the Amona case, ordering that the Jewish residents must be evacuated, the housing and infrastructure destroyed and the area be handed to the Arabs.

According to the Amona residents, when the community was founded in 1995 it was by a state initiative, promoted by then housing minister Natan Sharansky, who invested millions of dollars in creating an infrastructure, paving roads and promoting construction, all of it under the auspices of the state. If there were irregularities with the land purchase, it was the state’s problem, not theirs. Had they known the land was privately owned they would have stayed away, but they were told by the state to move in — let the state deal with the alleged original owners.

It should be noted that when Mandelblit was being considered for the AG appointment, he was favored by the right for his idea that in just these kinds of cases, with anti-Jewish settlement activists signing up claimants against existing Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria, and the claimants prove ownership (which is not so hard to do considering the land registration archives are kept in Ramallah, seat of the Palestinian Authority) — said claimants be compelled to accept fair market value for the property, or comparable property. Mind you, this is after some Arab real estate agent had received full pay for the same land.

Now, despite his wise recommendation on grandfathering existing Jewish communities, the AG is obviously feeling that he can’t go to battle against a clear Supreme Court ruling to demolish Amona, and so he recommends finding an alternative land not for the alleged Arab owners, but for the very real Jewish residents instead.

Amona was the site of one of the most brutal attacks of Israeli government forces on Jewish residents in the state’s history. On February 1, 2006, Amona Jewish residents and protesters were evacuated by 10,000 Israeli Police, Border Police, and Army troops. The estimated 4,000 Jews on the Amona grounds mostly consisted of youths from nearby communities. More than 300 were injured, including some 80 security personnel. Among the injured were three Knesset members. After several hours, the Amona homes had been demolished. A few girls that were evacuated accused police officers of sexual assault.

In March 2006, the Knesset parliamentary inquiry into the events at Amona determined that security forces had employed brutal force, striking protesters with clubs and charging them with horses. Internal Security Minister Gideon Ezra was criticized for preventing police commanders from testifying at committee hearings. The committee also found contradictions between the testimonies of the Army Chief of Staff and the Internal Security Minister.

Today, none of the coalition parties wants to position itself behind a similar evacuation effort, a move which could kill their political aspirations among their rightwing voters. Likud, Habayit Hayehudi and Yisrael Beiteinu officials have stated recently that this government will not permit the destruction of Amona. When the brutal evacuation took place in 2006, it was carried out by the same government that had evacuated Gush Katif in the Gaza Strip in 2005, yet another traumatic event in recent Israeli history. That government was ruled by the Kadima party, a political albatross invented by soon-to-go-comatose Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, which has since disappeared from the political map, and serves as a warning to all Israeli rightwing parties wishing to err leftward.

With that in mind, it can be expected that Prime Minister Netanyahu, Defense Minister Liberman and Justice Minister Shaked come up with a solution that keeps the Jewish settlers in place, risking the ire of the high court, as well as of Israel’s many friends in the free world. It should provide for great political theater, as these three politicians will show their ability to both capitulate and gravel while proudly standing erect. It’s time to call in the chiropractors.

JNi.Media

Security Cabinet Meets Sat. Night on Answers to Terror [video]

Saturday, July 2nd, 2016

The security cabinet is meeting Saturday night following the two murderous attacks on Jewish civilians in Judea and Samaria last Thursday and Friday. Two ministers, Naftali Bennett (Habayit Hayehudi) and Gilad Erdan (Likud) have pointed a finger at one of the culprits in the wave of terror — Facebook, or, rather, the entire Internet and its social networks. Bennett plans to present a plan to take care of “viral terrorism,” including a demand to deny the use of Facebook and the Internet throughout the Hebron Mountain area, where so many terrorists have originated.

Appearing on Channel 2’s “Meet the Press,” Internal Security Minister Erdan attacked Facebook and its founder Mark Zuckerberg, saying, “Facebook is sabotaging police efforts to capture terrorists.” He even added that “the blood of the murdered is on Zuckerberg’s hands,” and called for a citizen’s rebellion against Facebook.

Bennett plans to demand at the cabinet meeting tonight the arrest of every Hamas activist in Judea and Samaria released in the Gilad Shalit deal who have since committed any violations. This has been done once before during the “Return, oh brothers” operation to locate the three Israeli boys kidnapped exactly two years ago, an act that preceded the 2014 Gaza War.

Bennett also insists on a full-scale military operation in areas A and B which are under PA control officially. He also demands blocking Arab traffic on Route 60, where the drive-by murder of Michael Mark was carried out Friday. “We can no longer continue with the old program,” he said, “we must switch the disc.”

The government meanwhile has ordered several steps in response to the attacks. Prime Minister Netanyahu and Defense Minister Liberman approved a bid for 42 new housing units in Kiryat Arba, the late Hallel Yaffa Ariel HY”D’s home town. The bid had been frozen 18 months ago and thawed on FRiday.

The IDF has imposed a complete closure on Hebron and neighboring villages, which includes roughly 700 thousand Arabs. In addition, the IDF has moved two paratrooper units and one infantry unit to the Hebron area.

David Israel

Security Minister: Outlaw Muslim Radicals from Temple Mount

Monday, August 24th, 2015

Internal Security Minister Gilad Erdan dropped the other shoe Monday in a letter calling on Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon to outlaw two Muslim radical groups from the Temple Mount.

The Palestinian Authority called Edan’s proposal “racist.”

The right of Jews to ascend the Temple Mount, as stated in the Jordanian-Israeli Peace Treaty, has been under threat by increasingly violent Muslims who are paid to harass and attack Jews at the holy site.

Daily violence and the unprecedented action of Jerusalem policy facing off against Muslims who barricaded themselves inside the Al Aqsa mosque last year threatened to erupt into an all-out war until Jordanian King Abdullah and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu met in Amman and took measures to cool things down.

Access to Jews was allowed, but the government made it clear that Cabinet ministers may not visit the Temple Mount.

The unwritten agreement held ground for several months until radical Muslim re-asserted their presence with men and women paid by the Islamic Movement to visit the holy site with the sole purpose of chasing and attacking Jews.

A visiting Christian was attacked last week, and Palestinian Authority and Arab world media have escalated incitement with constant reports that police escort settlers to “storm” the Temple Mount.

Erdan decided enough is enough and wrote to Ya’alon letter, which he said is supported by the police and the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet), to outlaw the “Morabiton” and “Morabitat” radical Muslims groups.

He wrote:

These organizations follow Jewish visits to the Temple Mount and yell, incite and block them. Their aim is to use violence and intimidation to stop Jews from trying to visit the Temple Mount, and I will do everything I can to stop these dangerous organizations that violate the status quo.

The damage, partly irreversible, caused by the Israel’s government’s turning a blind eye to Muslim violence while limiting Jewish visitors is reflected in statements made by the Al Aqsa NGO, whose official told Reshet Bet (Voice of Israel) radio Monday:

We have seen an increase in visits to the Temple Mount by fanatics and criminal Jews who cause provocations.

Israel violates the status quo (by allowing Jews to visit]. Israel is not allowed to maintain security on the Temple Mount.

It is occupied territory under international law. Israel has occupied it since 1967.

Israeli sovereignty over the Temple Mount is within the “consensus” of almost all Israeli Jews, so much so that even the interviewer for the leftist and pluralistic Reshet Bet charged the Muslim official with lying. He also continuous questioned the Al Aqsa official about Muslims who attack Jews, but the only response was a repetition that the Temple Mount is not a part of Israel.

Tzvi Ben-Gedalyahu

Arab Sector Leads Statistics in Violent Crimes in Israel

Sunday, January 15th, 2012

The Ministry of Public Security presented a report on crime rates in the Israeli-Arab sector on Sunday.

In 2011, Arabs were involved in 67% of the murder cases, and over 35% of both the aggravated assault and robbery cases. Arabs constitute just over 20% of the total Israeli population.

Internal Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovitch presented ministers with a plan to increase law enforcement and reduce crime.

Jewish Press Staff

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/arab-sector-leads-statistics-in-violent-crimes-in-israel/2012/01/15/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: