At a Glance
Sections
041114 FINAL
click for
eEdition
Destroying the Chametz Within and Truly Preparing for Pesach
Sponsored Post
Spa 1.2 Combining Modern Living in Traditional Jerusalem

A unique and prestigious residential project in now being built in Mekor Haim Street in Jerusalem.

Community

L.A. Reception For Zion Orphanage

Posted on: June 9th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

A reception was held recently in the home of Rafi and Esther Katz for The Zion Orphanage Jerusalem. Once again the L.A. community responded with concern and support for this century-old institution that has created a home and hope for hundreds of children who had neither.

L.A. Reception For Zion Orphanage

Posted on: June 9th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

A reception was held recently in the home of Rafi and Esther Katz for The Zion Orphanage Jerusalem. Once again the L.A. community responded with concern and support for this century-old institution that has created a home and hope for hundreds of children who had neither.

It’s My Opinion: No Vacation From Need

Posted on: June 2nd, 2010

SectionsCommunity

I have written on this topic for several years. Regrettably, the problem is still here and the message worth repeating.

Ashrecha Yisroel

Posted on: May 26th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Rav Yerucham Levovitz asks the following question: Who is happier, the Jew with his religious obligations or the nations of the world? His answer is that beyond a doubt the Jew is happier. Rav Yerucham is not talking about the next world. He is discussing happiness in this world. What does he mean?

Ashrecha Yisroel

SectionsCommunity

Rav Yerucham Levovitz asks the following question: Who is happier, the Jew with his religious obligations or the nations of the world? His answer is that beyond a doubt the Jew is happier. Rav Yerucham is not talking about the next world. He is discussing happiness in this world. What does he mean?

A Mitzvah In 30 Minutes

SectionsCommunity

Founded in 1977, Tomchei Shabbos of L.A. has been providing essential Shabbos food packages to thousands of needy Jewish families in the Los Angeles community.

A Mitzvah In 30 Minutes

SectionsCommunity

Founded in 1977, Tomchei Shabbos of L.A. has been providing essential Shabbos food packages to thousands of needy Jewish families in the Los Angeles community.

Kever Rachel Fund Reception

SectionsCommunity

A special gathering was held recently in Los Angeles celebrating the continued preservation of Kever Rachel.

Kever Rachel Fund Reception

SectionsCommunity

A special gathering was held recently in Los Angeles celebrating the continued preservation of Kever Rachel.

It’s My Opinion: Gam Zu L’Tovah

Posted on: May 17th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Judaism encourages the concept of gratitude. A Jew is directed to thank G-d for all. There is a blessing to be said upon hearing good news and a blessing to be said when the news is bad. There is a blessing upon seeing exceptional beauty and a blessing to be said when viewing a disaster. There are blessings for weddings and blessings for funerals.

Out Of The Former USSR: A Yeshiva Brings Students To Israel And To Religion

Posted on: May 17th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Last week, a quiet revolution took place in the Judean Hills outside Jerusalem. One hundred and twenty parents and children from the Former Soviet Union visited Israel for the first time to participate in a groundbreaking mission. The children, ages 12-14, were all prospective students of Lezion B'rina and its sister school Bat Zion, located in Beitar and Jerusalem, respectively. For nearly 20 years, the Lezion B'rina Institute has been a second home for hundreds of Russian Jewish students who have left their birth land to seek a better future in the Jewish homeland.

It’s My Opinion: Taking Action

Posted on: May 5th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Hollywood Central Elementary is one of the many Florida schools that has had to cut programs and "extras" because of budgetary concerns. The arts department was one of the first programs to be discontinued. Unfortunately, this type of situation is much too typical in these times. Today's economy is responsible for reductions in many schools and institutions.

Return To Jin Glatt

Posted on: April 28th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

For the third year running, my wife and I had the opportunity to travel from Monsey to review Jin Glatt, a Chinese restaurant on Main Avenue in Passaic, NJ. Given our experiences of the past two years, our expectations were high and we were not disappointed.

Return To Jin Glatt

SectionsCommunity

For the third year running, my wife and I had the opportunity to travel from Monsey to review Jin Glatt, a Chinese restaurant on Main Avenue in Passaic, NJ. Given our experiences of the past two years, our expectations were high and we were not disappointed.

Events In The West

SectionsCommunity

Events In The West: On May 7-8, Sara Rigler will be the Scholar-in-Residence at Beth Jacob San Diego.   Yeshiva News: Come this fall, L.A. will have another new yeshiva high school. Yeshiva Ohr Chanoch is a Sephardic yeshiva, headed by Rabbis S.A. Shall and Y. Ornstein, and affiliated with Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim.   Kosher […]

My Machberes

Posted on: April 21st, 2010

JudaismColumns

It’s My Opinion: Celebrating Yom HaAtzmaut

Posted on: April 21st, 2010

SectionsCommunity

Reading through one of our local Jewish newspapers, I was delighted to see a full-page advertisement publicizing a celebration for Yom HaAtzmaut, Israel Independence Day. The 62nd anniversary of the resurgence of the Jewish State is certainly worthy of a party. In fact, after 2,000 years of bloodstained exile, it is an incredible, modern-day wonder.

It’s My Opinion: Truth and Fiction

Posted on: March 24th, 2010

SectionsCommunity

A dreadful event occurred last month at SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida. Animal trainer Dawn Brancheau was killed by an errant whale that pushed her off a platform and dragged her under the water.

WYHS Fashion Show

SectionsCommunity

The Second Annual Fashion Show and Sale - run by the Weinbaum Yeshiva High School (WYHS), a religious Zionist high school in Boca Raton, Florida - was a grand success. Organized by seniors, Alix Greenberger and Elizabeth Markovitch, the event was run to demonstrate that being fashionable and modest is possible.

How To Use The Law Of Attraction To Work For You

SectionsCommunity

What is the Law of Attraction? According to David Steele, the founder of the Relationship Coaching Institute, is simply this: Be the partner that you are seeking. Live your life authentically and consciously, knowing the more you express who you really are, the easier it will be to attract a partner who will love you because of who you are, instead of in spite of it.

Page 39 of 116« First...102030...3738394041...506070...Last »
Subsections in Sections
  • Arts (448)
  • Movie and Play Reviews (2)
  • Magazine (407)
  • Archives (485)
  • Tributes To Irene Klass (19)
  • Potpourri (282)
  • On Our Own/Cheryl Kupfer (247)
  • Teens and Twenties (132)
  • Glimpses Into American Jewish History (109)
  • For the Home (34)
  • News (27)
  • Back to School (11)
  • The Way We Were: From The Archives (6)
  • Devora Waysman (5)
  • Op-Ed Magazine (4)
  • Extras (3)
  • Books (256)
  • Book Reviews (117)
  • The Bookshelf (1)
  • Tevye in the Promised Land (41)
  • For God's Sake!? (5)
  • Community (215)
  • South Florida (355)
  • Community Currents (179)
  • West Coast Happenings (165)
  • My Machberes (55)
  • The View From The Beis Medrash (19)
  • How You Can Help (17)
  • Rockland County/Northern New Jersey (15)
  • Upcoming Events (15)
  • Queens and Long Island (12)
  • Jewish Community (9)
  • Food (146)
  • Recipes (113)
  • Kosher Food News (77)
  • Jewish Fress (55)
  • Kashrut Scene (49)
  • Restaurant Review (14)
  • From The Wine Cellar (8)
  • Press Releases (1)
  • Health and Living (92)
  • Sports (89)
  • Baseball Insider (89)
  • Jewess Press (89)
  • Feminine Soul (85)
  • Impact Of Women On Jewish History/Prof. L. Jackson (68)
  • Daily Living (45)
  • Travel (72)
  • Features (68)
  • Features On The Jewish World (186)
  • SciTech (42)
  • Electronics Today (28)
  • Business/Finance (35)
  • Family (25)
  • Chronicles of Crises (417)
  • Parenting Our Children (306)
  • Marriage and Relationships (294)
  • The Adventures of Joojoon (275)
  • Battling Addictions (10)
  • Challenging Parenting (7)
  • Aliyah (9)
  • Real Estate (3)
  • Special Features (1)
  • Israel At War: Operation Amud Anan (176)
  • Israel Elections 5773 (132)
  • Olympics 2012 (39)
  • President's Conference 2012 (18)
  • US Elections 2012 (18)
  • Purim (14)
  • The Carter-Cardozo Controversy (10)
  • Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/sections/community/south-florida/hachnossos-kallah-of-greater-miami-holds-benefit-tea/2013/02/14/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: