web analytics
July 25, 2016 / 19 Tammuz, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘Honenu’

15-Year-Old Must Leave Parents’ Settlement Home on Military Administrative Order

Monday, June 20th, 2016

GOC Home Front Command Chief Maj. Gen. Eyal Eisenberg on Sunday rejected a plea by the parents of a 15-year-old boy who had been ordered to leave his home three weeks ago by an administrative decree, one of the last such decrees issued under former Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon. Eisenberg ordered the minor to be out of his parents’ home and the community of Yitzhar in Samaria by 9 AM Monday.

The administrative order forbids the minor to set foot in Judea and Samaria, and he must observe a nightly curfew at the home of his grandparents, in Petach Tikvah. When it turned out that the Petach Tikvah address was not available, the minor received a temporary stay, pending the hearing on Sunday this week.

It should be noted that the administrative decree does not specify what past actions of the boy in question merited the expulsion from his home environment, other than a general statement about his being a threat to national security.

At the hearing, attorney Chai Haber from the legal aid society Honenu, told representatives of the Major General that his client had nowhere to go. He noted that it is next to impossible to get anyone to agree to board the minor because police are known to keep a close watch on curfew detainees and pay late-night visits to their addresses, knocking on doors and waking up entire neighborhoods.

The Major General’s response has been that the minor must nevertheless vacate his parents premises by 9 AM as ordered.

The minor’s father said on Monday morning, “My son has nowhere to go, he lives here, his family lives here, it’s inconceivable that one day they’d present him with an order of evacuation. The impact of such an expulsion on a minor are unacceptable. Who will take responsibility? Who will care for my child? The Major General sleeps well with his children in his home while my son is being thrown out to the street. We cannot accept this.”

David Israel

Annals of Crazy, The Sequel: Barred Teen Returns to Samaria Under House Arrest in Yitzhar

Sunday, June 5th, 2016

A teenage boy expelled from his home by the Civil Administration under orders by the Shin Bet intelligence agency (“Shabak”) is back for now.

The 15-year-old was also under orders not to talk to a 12-year-old neighbor and was expelled from the town in which he grew up, and both entire regions of Samaria and Judea.

It’s a little weird, the Honenu legal aid society pointed out.

But after a court battle on behalf of the boy, the Home Front Command responded to his attorney, Adi Kedar, that the teen will be allowed to remain under house arrest at his home at least until Tuesday, according to the Honenu civil rights organization.

It was last Tuesday that the teen received the restraining order forcing him out of the entire region of Judea and Samaria, including the home of his parents in Yitzhar.

He was also placed under house arrest at the home of his grandparents – but they vehemently refused to accept the task of becoming their grandson’s jailer. When it became clear that this condition was untenable, authorities and the family were granted 14 days in which to find an alternative.

But a placement has yet to be found. Who wants to be a jailer for a 15-year-old male who was raised free in the hills of Samaria?

The conditions expected of someone taking on the task of monitoring someone on house arrest are nothing to be trifled with. One can easily lose one’s employment having to fulfill such an obligation, not to mention one’s sanity.

Attorney Adi Kedar contacted Home Front Command in an urgent letter to inform the authorities that a placement has not yet been identified, and an extension of an additional 14 days must be granted in order to continue to seek a placement.

But Kedar also noted that the entire order is a violation of the teen’s civil rights and a violation of international conventions as well. He added a reminder that the minor in question was not arrested, but rather was arbitrarily ordered out of his parents’ home and out of the entire region at the decision of the commanders of the Jewish Department of the Shin Bet intelligence agency.

In response, the Home Front Command has said it will hold a hearing on the matter in the coming days.

Jewish Press News Briefs

Annals of Crazy: Shabak Bans 15-Year-Old ‘Jewish Extremist’ from Talking to 12-Year-Old Neighbor

Wednesday, June 1st, 2016

Israel’s secret police Shabak, or rather the Jewish Section of the clandestine organization, is losing its marbles, according to legal aid society Honenu. Over the past few days it appeared as if the organization has been taking advantage of the crossover period between old and new defense ministers to get in all its most outlandish decrees, including issuing long lists of names which several rightwing activists are now banned from talking to. As is always the case with those administrative decrees, Shabak need not cite specific charges or even suspicions against their target, nor do the accused get to defend themselves. But a Wednesday decree issued by Shabak truly sounded like part of the mad hatter’s party in Alice in Wonderland.

In its latest administrative decree, a 15-year-old boy has been banned from staying in his parents’ home in the community of Yitzhar, south of Shechem in Samaria. The same boy was also banned from contacting 26 people, including his 12-year-old neighbor.

The Yitzhar boy must be some Jewish extremist, since he’s just come off a 4-month house arrest, by decree of former Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon. But last night police raided his home and presented him with two new decrees, which accuse him of “involvement in violent activity against Palestinians.”

One of the new administrative decrees, signed by OC Central Command Maj. Gen. Roni Numa, bans the boy from entering Judea and Samaria, which includes his parents’ home in Yitzhar. The other order, signed by GOC Home Front Command Maj. Gen. Yoel Strick, compels him to remain under nightly house arrest in his grandparents’ home in the Sharon area, inside the green line. That same decree prohibits contact with his younger neighbor, who must be another Jewish extremist.

“Removing a minor from his parents’ home without a court hearing and without evidence is an exceptionally severe move,” Honenu said in a statement, adding that “the ban on contact with 12- and 13-year-olds shows the Shabak is actually spying on these kids, and that the members of the Jewish Section of Shabak have reached rock bottom. When will someone wake up?”

It should be noted in this context that an Israeli politician strongly identified with rightwing Jews has very recently become defense minister and should be supervising the secret police’s shenanigans. Seeing as the new appointee, Avigdor Liberman, hails from a country with a great tradition of Jews being harassed and tormented by the Jewish Section of the secret police, he might want to put an end to it over in the Jewish State.

JNi.Media

Shabak Issues Last Administrative Detention Order Before Lieberman Takes Over

Monday, May 30th, 2016

Only days before MK Avigdor Lieberman (Yisrael Beiteinu) takes over as defense minister, the Shabak secret police on Friday issued an unprecedented administrative detention, ordering a Jewish youth to avoid contact with a list of 87 individuals, legal aid society Honenu announced Monday morning. The decree, issued by GOC Home Front Command Major General Yoel Strick, also ordered the same youth to be under house arrest at night. An additional decree, signed by OC Central Command Major General Roni Numa, bans the same youth from entering Judea and Samaria.

The Shabak ordered a Jewish youth to avoid contact with a list of 87 individuals.

The Shabak ordered a Jewish youth to avoid contact with a list of 87 individuals.

Like all administrative detentions, the orders against this youth do not mention any charges pending against him, or even any specific suspicions. The reason for the severe limits on his civil rights is stated as: “To secure state security, public peace, and maintaining public order.”

Israeli citizens could probably observe on Monday to see if any of the above conditions have improved following these orders, which were issued on the recommendations of the Jewish section of the secret police.

Administrative detentions have been the modus operandi of outgoing Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon, who used them generously in place of thorough police investigation. His reign will be remembered, among other things, for the torture interrogations of Jewish suspects for long weeks without access to an attorney or their families. Considering Ya’alon’s repeated concern for Israel’s democracy, it’s evident he probably did not complete the entire course on this subject.

Honenu’s statement included the organization’s hope that “the new defense minister will learn this subject during his grace period, and maybe succeed in stopping the values that have already been falling down this slippery slope.”

Meanwhile, it is unclear whether Meir Ettinger, the grandson of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane, will be released from his ten months of administrative detention, imposed by Ya’alon last August.

David Israel

Woman Arrested over ‘No Entry for Jews and Dogs’ Sign at Temple Mount

Thursday, May 5th, 2016

A woman, 17, an activist in the Returning to the Mount group, was arrested on Thursday morning on suspicion of violating the public peace, after she hung next to the entrance to the Temple Mount two signs protesting the closing of the site to Jewish visitors on Holocaust Remembrance Day under the guise of a Muslim holiday.

One of her signs read “No entrance to Jews and Dogs,” which was used to bar Jewish customers from businesses in Europe before and during the Holocaust. The other sign compared the closing of the holy site to Jewish visitors to the barring of Jews from public place in Europe in the same dreadful period.

Source: Returning to the Mount

Source: Returning to the Mount

Police arrested the young woman and hauled her to a nearby station where she was interrogated. Her attorney, Rehavia Piltz, from the legal aid society Honenu, said he expected her to be released and ordered not to set foot on Temple Mount and the area near the gate to the compound.

Piltz issued a statement saying, “It is a very serious matter that police do not permit Jews to protest the police own racist actions — preventing Jews from entering the Temple Mount based on their ethnicity.”

Source: Returning to the Mount

Source: Returning to the Mount

JNi.Media

Court Extends Administrative Detention by 4 Months for Grandson of Rabbi Meir Kahane z’l

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016

The Central District Court in Lod on Tuesday ruled in favor of a request by the security services to extend the administrative detention of Meir Ettinger, according to a statement by the Honenu legal aid society.

Judge Avraham Tal approved the state’s request to extend Ettinger’s administrative detention Tuesday afternoon by an additional four months.

Honenu Attorney Yuval Zemer warned, “Today it is Ettinger’s views that are not pleasant to the ears of those in charge; tomorrow it could be my views or the views of any other citizen.”

Ettinger, a grandson of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane, has been imprisoned under administrative detention – and in solitary confinement – for more than six months already.

He was moved to solitary confinement after prison authorities felt he was influencing other prisoners by holding discussions with them.

Ettinger went on a hunger strike, but after it proved unsuccessful, gave it up after 17 days.

The young activist was arrested seven months ago under a six-month administrative order signed by Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon. After the first order signed by the defense minister expired, a recommendation was signed by the Jewish Department of the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) for a four-month extension. It was this recommendation that was approved Tuesday in the Lod courthouse.

“The day that the court approves continuation of administrative detention of an individual, solely because of his views, is a sad day for democracy,” Ettinger’s attorney said after the ruling was handed down.

“This decision should disturb the sleep of anyone who values democracy and individual rights.”

Administrative detention permits the government to arrest and detain an individual without being charged, not necessarily for things he has done but for those he might do. It is a legal device dating back to the days of the British Mandatory Government.

Jewish Press News Briefs

Jewish Security Prisoners Isolated

Thursday, October 8th, 2015

Jewish activists Meir Ettinger and Evyatar Slonim, who were placed in administrative detention two months ago, have been transferred to a security wing in Eshel prison down south, according to Galei Tzahal.

Mordechai Meir, who was arrested a week before them, was not moved, due to a court order preventing his transfer.

The authorities decided to move the three boys because they were afraid that Ettinger, Slonim and Meir were influencing other Jewish prisoners with their strong ideological beliefs.

To best public knowledge, the three young men haven’t been charged with anything specific, and according to their Honenu lawyer, the primary “proof” the police brought against them in a closed court hearing, were ideological articles they had openly posted on their blogs.

The police suspect the three were involved in “nationalistic” acts.

Ettinger is the grandson of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane HY”D.

Jewish Press News Briefs

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/jewish-security-prisoners-isolated/2015/10/08/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: