web analytics
July 1, 2015 / 14 Tammuz, 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘West Bank’

PLO Blows Up Netanyahu’s ‘Peace Process’ Renewal

Wednesday, May 27th, 2015

The Palestinian Authority and its superior PLO organization have totally dismissed Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s overture to sit down and discuss new borders that would leave several settlement blocs under Israel sovereignty.

Haaretz headlined on Tuesday a report that Prime Minister Netanyahu told European Union foreign policy adviser Federica Mogherini last week that he wants to advance the idea of “two states for two peoples.” His suggestion theoretically would be a step towards the expulsion of more than 100,000 Jews in other areas of Judea and Samaria that would be part of a new Arab country.

The Jewish Press.com reported here on Tuesday that Netanyahu simply was leading Mogherini along her rosy path while knowing full well that the Palestinian Authority is not interested in resuming negotiations.

Lo and behold, the Ma’an News Agency, based in Bethlehem, published Wednesday morning an amazing statement by Palestinian Authority negotiator Saed Erekat, who said:

If Mr. Netanyahu wants to have meaningful negotiations ending the occupation that began in 1967, he should recognize a Palestinian State on the 1967 border and honor Israel’s obligations including a halt of settlement construction and the release of the Palestinian prisoners.

There never has been a clearer admission of the Palestinian Authority’s understanding of the word “negotiation,” which it defines as “give us everything we want and then we will talk about, hmmmm, uh, about expelling Israel from FIFA, assuming it survives charges of wholesale bribery.”

PLO official Hanan Ashrawi also condemned Netanyahu’s proposal, which she called a “disingenuous and manipulative exercise of political and legal deception.”

Several knee-jerk nationalists went bonkers over Netanyahu’s suggestion to Mogherini, reflecting a paranoia that ignores political and diplomatic realities of which the Prime Minister is well ware.

Virtually all of the Israeli media establishment, and foreign media are sure to follow, attacked Netanyahu from all sides this week of “dividing and conquering” the Foreign Ministry. However, it is clear Netanyahu wants to retain control because he knows best how to exploit the Palestinian Authority’s total rejection of the Oslo Accords and negotiations, as defined by Webster’s.

Media Spins Netanyahu’s Renewal of Peace Process

Tuesday, May 26th, 2015

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told Europe Union foreign policy adviser Federica Mogherini last week that he wants to resume the “peace process” and talk with the Palestinian Authority on what settlements will remain in Israel, Haaretz reported Tuesday.

The Associated Press carried the report, in brief, around the world and quoted Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad al-Malki as saying that Netanyahu is “trying to deceive the world with his meaningless talk.”

He is right.

It is meaningless talk because the Palestinian Authority has said time after time after time

the past three years that if it cannot get “all or nothing” through negotiations, it will go try its luck in the United Nations and in the International Criminal Court.

That is why Prime Minister Netanyahu had no trouble playing up to Mogherini’s illusions, but that the establishment media are reporting that the Prime Minister has made a 180-turn in is ready to talk about shrinking Israel.

The “news” is quote old because he has done so before, but the Palestinian Authority, backed by implied support from President Barack Obama, has insisted that the “negotiations” begin with an Israeli  agreement up front that all of Judea and Samaria and large slices of Jerusalem will be within the borders of a future Palestinian Authority state.

PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas has agreed he might consider talking but only after Israel freezes all construction for Jews in the same areas, something which Israel did five years ago in a failed attempt by Obama to bring Abbas back to the negotiating table.

In a response to the Haaretz report this morning, an unnamed senior Israeli official placed a different light on Netanyahu’s suggestion to Mogherini. He pointed out that Netanyahu wants an understanding of which settlement blocs will remain in Israel so that Jews can continue to build there.

It is a non-starter because Abbas will not agree, but Haaretz framed the meeting with Mogherini in terms that implied it was a hush-hush discussion that will resurrect the peace process.

The newspaper, whose agenda is against a Jewish presence in Judea and Samaria, wrote:

The meeting was held in a very small forum. Aside from Netanyahu, the only Israeli officials present were National Security Adviser Joseph Cohen and the prime minister’s envoy for the peace process, attorney Isaac [Yitzchak] Molho….

Netanyahu is very concerned by preparations in Brussels to impose sanctions such as labeling settlement produce in EU supermarkets, as well as by the French push for a UN Security Council resolution that would lay down principles for resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict…..

This is the first time since he took office in 2009 that Netanyahu has voiced willingness to discuss the size of the settlement blocs and their borders with the Palestinians. This is also the first time he has voiced willingness, albeit indirectly, to freeze construction outside the blocs.

The report also pointed out that Netanyahu is committed to “two states for two peoples” and added that it is a direct contradiction of his campaign promise that “there will be no Palestinian state under my watch.

As The JewishPress.com pointed out here Monday, both statements are true.

Netanyahu has no trouble with supporting the “two-state” principle but it is equally true it won’t happen while he is in office for the simple reason that Palestinian Authority won’t let it happen.

This is not the first time Netanyahu has made grandiose gestures knowing that nothing will come out of it except that daydreaming Western leaders will be pacified.

He has said in the past he is willing to meet with Abbas anytime and anywhere if he would simply recognize Israel as a Jewish state, something which no Arab official will do unless he wants to shorten his life.

Ya’alon Removes Police Siege of Ode Yosef Chai Yeshiva in Shomron

Tuesday, May 26th, 2015

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon has withdrawn Border Police from the Ode Yosef Chai Yeshiva in the community of Yitzhar in northern Samaria after a one-year siege of the institution that has been accused of inciting “price tag’ actions against Arabs.

Ya’alon initially shut down the yeshiva last summer, but despite the screaming headlines that the government had “defeated” the youth, the closure was during the three-week period after the Fast of the 10th of Av when yeshivas go on vacation.

He allowed the yeshiva to re-open, under Border Police guard, the day after all yeshivas re-opened their doors again on the beginning of the month of Elul, one month before Rosh Hashanah.

After a year’s opportunity for the Border Police to learn some Torah and return to repentance, the Defense Minister decided earlier this week not to extend the order that placed Border Police in the Yeshiva study hall.

One the one hand, the security forces now are denied a chance to learn Torah.

On the other hand, the yeshiva stated:

We are happy that the defense establishment climbed down the tree, but it is a pity that the Defense Minister has not apologized for the unprecedented theft of the yeshiva and desecration of more than year.

We wish him and all of those involved in this criminal act to repent. The continued harassment of the yeshivas, including budget cuts, is an attempt to gag us but will not succeed.

The Yitzhar yeshiva added it intends sue the government for damage caused by Border Police the past year.

New UN Middle East Envoy Comes Up with ‘New’ Idea – Freeze Settlements

Thursday, May 21st, 2015

The new United Nations Middle East envoy has swung into action like a robotic parrot by demanding that Israel freeze all building in “settlements” which by U.N. definition includes parts of Jerusalem where approximately one-third of its residents live.

Nikolay Mladenov, in his first briefing to the U.N. Security Council, also said he is working with U.N. Secretary General Ban-Ki moon to come up with a “realistic options “to resume the peace process” that is buried so deep in the ground that no one can even find its ashes anymore.

And how does Mladenov, who presumably is pumping new blood into the over-aged and crippled international organization, plan to reach his goals?

Freezing settlement building is only the first step. He always wants a “reasonable timetable” for Israel

He also turned on the tape recorder and said:

The coming period will be critical to the future of the peace process.

If that statement rings a bell, try going back around 20 years. No senior official in the American government, the European Union and the United Nations has let a month go by without parroting the same words.

Mladenov also has some other brilliant ideas, such as rehabilitating Gaza.

First of all, he described the situation there.

Gaza Arabs are angry at Israel for the “continuing blockade” that hardly exists, but it makes the Arabs feel good to say that it does.

He admitted “some progress” has been made in allowing more material and goods into Gaza, but it is not enough, and never mind that Hamas still uses construction materials to build homes for missiles and tunnels for terrorists instead of people.

Mladenov said Gaza Arabs not only are angry at Israel.

They are angry at Egypt for the closure of the Rafah crossing.

They also are angry at the whole world for not living up ties commitments to donate $3.5 billion to rehabilitate Gaza, i.e. Hamas.

During his briefing, he said that no one in Israel should have “illusions towards the significance of unilateral actions” such as building homes for Jews in Ramot, French Hill, Talpiot, Gilo and other areas in Jerusalem as well as new homes for Jews in Judea and Samaria.

When Arabs build homes they are not “unilateral actions” because, according to the U.N.-EU-Obama agenda, a “unilateral action” is one that helps Israel.

Why?

Because the United Nations, agenda, which President Barack Obama has adopted, states that “negotiations” with the Palestinian Authority mean discussing what color ink to use to sign on the dotted line. Invisible ink is not allowed unless it is in Mahmoud Abbas’ poison pen, the one the pope gave to him two years ago.

Speaking of illusions, Mladenov’s appeal to pour money into Gaza has a nasty smell and a hollow ring.

He said only 27 percent of the money pledged at a “donors’ conference” in Cairo last year has been forked over to Hamas. The United States did its bit to the tune of $212 million, as announced by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who said at the time:

Out of this conference must come not just money but a renewed commitment from everybody to work for peace that meets the aspirations of all, for Israelis, for Palestinians for all people of this region.

Freezing settlement construction and setting timetables have failed for two decades to produce anything but terror and the Palestinian Authority’s emasculation of the Oslo Accords.

If Mladenov wants to go hunting for old solutions, he can take look at the only one that has helped Arabs in Gaza enjoy a decent economy, social life and self-government of local affairs.

Media ‘Apartheid Bus’ Lie Forces Bibi to Nix Plan to Improve Security

Wednesday, May 20th, 2015

Totally false reporting of new travel regulations for Palestinian Authority workers in Israel has force Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to freeze the program.

Israel  launched on Wednesday a three-month pilot program that requires Palestinian Authority workers to return to their homes through the same checkpoints they used when leaving their homes for work in Israel.

After work, they were to board buses to four checkpoints in Judea and Samaria, where they will go through thorough security checks before boarding a different bus to take them to their villages, where Jews do not live.

But that is not the way Israeli media have reported the program. Editors and broadcasters whipped out the “Apartheid” label, which is a lie.

After arriving at the checkpoints in buses used by Jews as well, the Arabs cannot continue on the same buses because they do not arrive in their towns. Instead, after inspections, the Arabs board different buses to take them home.

Haaretz headlined, “Israel begins separating Palestinians, Israelis on West Bank buses.” Al Arabiya wrote a similar headline, “Palestinians banned from riding buses with Israelis.”RTE in Ireland was a bit more accurate with the headline over the exact same AFP article “Ban on Palestinians sharing some buses with Israelis.”

Former Likud Cabinet Minister Gideon Sa’ar, a close friend of Prime Minister Netanyahu, tweeted:

The decision for separate buses [sic] is a mistake and causes grave damage to settlers in Judea and Samaria and to the image of Israel in the world.

If there is one legitimate reason for freezing the program it is because the new regulations will lengthen the time it take Palestinian Authority workers to return home. Claims that it will take the Arabs “six hours” to return home are highly questionable, but there is no doubt that the procedures will mean much longer travel times.

But that is not the reason Netanyahu panicked.

Does this media re-writing of the truth sound familiar?

It should.

Two years ago, the Israeli government added new bus lines to serve Palestinian Authority towns.

Since Jews cannot live in those Arab villages without leaving in a coffin, there is not much demand by them to use the local buses

But the local and foreign media had a field day disseminating a total lie, as described below by The Jewish Press’ Lori Lowenthal Marcus.

The original article was published here and follows.

‘Palestinian Only’ Buses in Israel: The Big Lies are Back

The headlines roll out, the journalistic warfare continues, and the Jewish State once more is cast in the starring role of “evil, Apartheid empire.”  This time the story is that Israel is forcing the Arab Palestinians to ride separate buses from the ones Jewish Israelis ride.

The reality is exactly the opposite – there are no “Palestinian only” buses. Instead, with its new bus routes, Israel is reducing crowded buses, attempting to relieve ethnic tensions and security concerns, and is assisting Arab Palestinians enter Green Line Israel to work. But we’ll get to the facts – which exonerate Israel from “Apartheid” charges – in a minute. For right now you can rest assured that despite efforts to cast the Arab Palestinians in the role of Rosa Parks, a closer fit would be to cast the purveyors of this latest attack as peddlers of the Big Lie.

First, the hysteria:

One headline, from the magazine formerly known as Newsweek, and now known as – more accurately – the Daily Beast, “West Bank Buses Only the Latest in Israel’s Segregated Public Transport,” and one from the uber-leftist +972, “Israel’ new ‘Palestinian only’ segregated bus line,” and even the Israeli news media outlet YNetfans the flames: “Ministry launches ‘Palestinians only’ buses.”

Arabs Attack Public Bus, Private Car in Gush Etzion

Monday, May 18th, 2015

Arab terrorists attacked Israeli motorists in Gush Etzion at least twice on Monday (May 18), hurling large, sharp rocks at a private car and at a public bus on the No. 160 Egged line.

Both sustained damage in the attacks.

The incidents took place near the Arab village of El Aroub, located along Highway 60 between the Gush Etzion junction and Kiryat Arba.

None of the passengers or drivers were physically injured in the attacks, although several were traumatized.

PA Media Accuse Settlers of ‘Mission Impossible’

Monday, May 18th, 2015

Jews from the Hebron area “destroyed and uprooted hundreds of olive saplings” northeast of Hebron on Sunday, according to the Ma’an News Agency, based n Bethlehem.

This is the same Ma’an that constantly reports of IDF “attacks” that never happened. It also reports of Jewish visits to the Temple Mount as “invasions” or “storming” of the holy site.

Eighty acres?

That is 880 yards by 440 yards. The average olive orchard consists of approximately 120 trees per acre, which means the settlers roamed through 9,600 trees, and no Arab called the IDF to stop them?

The village where the alleged vandalism took place is the same place where settlers supposedly uprooted 1,000 trees last month.

Sunday’s alleged vandalism was the fourth time the village’s olive orchards have been run over by settlers, according to Ma’an.

The real problem with these reports is that foreign media repeat them without any verification.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/pa-media-accuse-settlers-of-mission-impossible/2015/05/18/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: